Vision Services meets the academic, social, and emotional needs of students with vision impairments by assessing educational needs, providing specialized instruction, adapting curriculum, collaborating with school stakeholders and promoting independence.
The Vision Services Department’s mission is to meet the education needs of students who have low vision or blindness by:
- Assessing and identifying the student’s individual education needs related to their vision loss.
- Providing access to the student’s education curriculum.
- Fostering focused core curriculum opportunities.
- Collaborating with school stakeholders.
- Ensuring students receive their education in the most appropriate and least restrictive environment.